Ross-Tech VCDS V2 20.4 HEX-V2 English Version Intelligent Dual-K & CAN USB Interface Car Auto Fault Diagnosis Wire Cable with CD Software
- Product Code: SV96-B
- Availability: In Stock
- Weight: 0.40kg
- Size (LxWxH): 22cm x 16cm x 3.50cm
- 5 or more $88.00
- 10 or more $85.00
- 20 or more $80.00
VCDS V2-20.4 HEX-V2 Intelligent Dual-K & CAN USB Interface Car Auto Fault Diagnosis Wire Cable with CD Software
1. USB connection, compatible with all modern laptops.
2. Compatible with all diagnostic-capable VW/Audi passenger cars from 1996 to current; K, K+L, dual-K, or CAN.
3. Detachable USB cable.
The supplied cable has a proprietary screw locking mechanism, but it can be replaced temporarily with a standard USB-A to USB-B ("printer") cable when it become damaged.
4. Modern 32-bit micro-controller and fully updatable firmware.
5. Tri-Color (red/green) status/activity LEDs with greatly improved visibility from almost any angle.
6. 12 months of process or material defect assurance.
7. Includes an embedded license for VCDS and thus acts as a "dongle" for the software, allowing the software to be used and installed on any compatible PC.
We recommend at least a 1 GHz dual-core processor with 1 GB of RAM and Windows 7 or newer.
Slower computers or Windows 2000, XP, and Vista may work but are not officially supported.
Windows 8. 8.1 or 10 on a machine robust enough to support the respective operating system are also fine.
Extending this Interface:
The cable supplied with this interface is about 6 feet long -- just right for most laptops.
The USB standards do not allow for passive extension cords!
We have tested many Active USB extensions and have found one that works. You can order the 16-ft Active USB Extension from our Store. We do not sell or support any other brands or models of USB extensions, if you have problems when using one, the first thing we're going to tell you is to eliminate the extension. We sell also a 3-ft OBD extension in our web store that lets you keep your diagnostic tool connected and away from the driver's feet and legs.
If you plan to use a desktop PC, a wireless HEX-NET interface may be a better choice.
The HEX-V2 should be used with the latest version of our VCDS software.
The HEX-V2 does not have the ability to emulate a dumb serial pass-through interface and thus unlikely to be compatible with any software other than VCDS.
The HEX-V2 enumerates as an HID device and does not require a special driver.
However, there are some HID power management quirks in 8.1 and newer fixed by installing a device-specific "driver" (actually just an INF file) supplied with the VCDS installer.
1pc x HEX-V2 Intelligent Dual-K & CAN USB Interface for VCDS V2-20.4